Clarity Asset Management, Inc. is a fee only financial planning and asset management firm located in Ames, Iowa, operating as a fiduciary team. As a fee only firm, we do not sell investment or insurance products, nor do we accept any commissions. As a fiduciary team, we work together for your benefit, always putting your best interest first.
Clarity was founded in 1998 and merged with Resource Planning Group, Inc. in 2012. Don Erickson started Resource Planning Group in 1986 in order to offer objective financial planning free from the conflicts of interest that often accompany the traditional model of financial advising which entails selling investment and insurance products. He later helped form Clarity in order to offer an unbiased approach to the management of the financial plans of his clients.
The essence of what we do is provide peace. Nearly everyone's primary financial concern is achieving financial independence: "I don't want to outlive my money!" Whether your goal is to enjoy living somewhere warm, spending more time with loved ones, or getting more involved in your favorite organization, someday you will want to have the ability to pursue those goals without being required to work full-time. We help you accomplish your goals through an ongoing trusted relationship utilizing customized financial plans and asset management. The relationship is built upon an understanding of the Tri-Lateral Pillars of Financial Health™ which allows us to create, monitor, and modify ongoing financial plans with you while helping you navigate life's transitions. Your assets are then managed according to these financial goals, and within your risk tolerance and risk capacity.
- Can I afford to retire? When?
- How should I be invested? I do not understand the risk in my portfolio or what it should be.
- Do the companies in which I am invested share my values?
- What kind of estate plan do I need?
- My spouse recently died and he/she was primarily in charge of our finances...help!
- How should I handle an inheritance?
- Do I have adequate life insurance? Can you review my policies?
- Do I need long term care insurance? What senior living options are available?
- How can I plan ahead for paying my children's college expenses?
- What are tax efficient ways for me to gift money to my favorite charities and/or family members?