A Fee-Only + Fiduciary Firm in Ames, Iowa
As a fee-only financial planning and asset management firm, we believe we are best-fitted to truly partnering with clients. With our compensation method, we seek to avoid conflicts of interest that exist when a typical financial advisor gives advice but also seeks to sell investment or insurance products. As a fiduciary team, we are committed and obligated to only working together for your benefit, always putting your best interest first.
The History of Clarity Asset Management, Inc.
Clarity Asset Management, Inc. was founded in 1998 and merged with Resource Planning Group, Inc. in 2012. Don Erickson started Resource Planning Group in 1986 in order to offer objective advice focused on retirement planning, investment planning, and estate planning. He later helped form Clarity in order to offer an unbiased approach to the management of the financial plans of his clients.
Peace of Mind
Nearly everyone's primary financial concern is achieving financial independence or a peaceful retirement: "I don't want to outlive my money!" Whether your goal is to enjoy living somewhere warm, spending more time with loved ones, or getting more involved in your favorite organization, someday you will want to have the ability to pursue those goals without being required to work full-time. We help clients develop retirement, investment, and estate plans that serve their life purposes and goals, leading to financial health.
Customized, Interactive Financial Planning
We help you accomplish your goals through an ongoing trusted relationship utilizing customized financial plans and asset management. The relationship is built upon an understanding of the Tri-Lateral Pillars of Financial Health™ (click on the pillars in the diagram to the right to learn more) which allows us to create, monitor, and modify ongoing financial plans with you while helping you navigate life's transitions. Your assets are then managed according to these financial goals, and within your risk tolerance and risk capacity.
From retirement planning to insurance reviews, investing recommendations and more, our team is here to answer your burning financial questions.
- Can I afford to retire? When?
- How should I be invested? I do not understand the risk in my portfolio or what it should be.
- Do the companies in which I am invested share my values?
- What kind of estate plan do I need?
- My spouse recently died and he/she was primarily in charge of our finances...help!
- How should I handle an inheritance?
- Do I have adequate life insurance? Can you review my policies?
- Do I need long term care insurance? What senior living options are available?
- How can I plan ahead for paying my children's college expenses?
- What are tax efficient ways for me to gift money to my favorite charities and/or family members?